Wednesday, July 14, 2010

REVIEWS FROM YELP!

I recently moved into this neighborhood and stumbled over this beautiful Italian restaurant and the very friendly owners, Nino and Mama. The garden seating was perfect for me and my friends visiting from San Francisco. After getting some suggestions from the waitress, we ordered from the substantial menu, and started the experience off with the homemade sangria...amazing! The salad comes with the meal and it was just the perfect size and portion accompanied by the garlic bread sticks (so delicious a return visit is warranted if I eat nothing else.) Our meals arrived and we were blown away at the portion size. The Penne Siciliana was the winner of the table, although we all enjoyed our meals (Gnocchi Al Forno and Chicken Cacciatore).

After eating all we could, we packed up three containers for leftovers. When the bill arrived and we each owed under $20, the night just couldn't have been any better.

I highly recommend a visit to East Harlem to check out La Corsa. I know I'll be going back soon to try the pizza, which gets rave reviews on this site.

Larissa C.
Brooklyn, NY

Finally got around to trying this place out and it was delish. We ordered the thin crust Grandma and thought it would be thinner but the crust was so good we didn't care. The cannoli was awesome, if you like yours a little sweeter. I am so happy to have another eatery in this area.

brooke e.
New York, NY

Okay... this is my first post on Yelp because I had to let everyone know how good the Grandma slice is at La Corsa! My friends and I have stumbled upon the place and LITERALLY CAN'T STOP GOING BACK! It's an unexpected location, but worth the trip... so clean and nice!

The pizza is insanely amazing... and trust me, I've been sampling NY slices for years now... this is AT THE TOP OF MY LIST!

Consider yourself informed... you have no excuse not to go...

Canyon F.
Westport, CT

My new favorite pizza place. I went the other day for the first time, place is clean, staff is nice and pizza is awesome, crisp not soggy crust. Their full menu is quite expansive as well, has some great Italian favorites, less pricey than piata d'oro and more choices as well.

I had the godfather pizza when I went - covered with veggies, great pizza. And rice balls, they definitely are true Italian.

A definite if you are craving Italian food. A new great find for the neighborhood.

Denise L.
New York, NY

La Corsa is the joint. I was born around the corner from this spot and I've been back in the neighborhood a while and had been mad disappointed by the pizza options. La Corsa is that authentic delicious New York shit. And they mix it up, I got this slice (I can't remember the name) with 3 cheeses chicken and these slices of sauteed lemon. I hesitated to eat the lemon slice with the rind and whatnot, but it was delicious.

good food. nice place. Prices aren't crazy at all, coming from a dude who almost got in a fight with this deli guy on 5th ave downtown talking about 5.50 for a 24oz of heineken, pshhh. The guys who work there are nice, laid back, and obviously know what they're doing.

It's the joint.

Luke S.
New York, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment